COME AND VISIT ME AT PINKFLUFFYWARRIOR.COM

Friday 3 September 2010

Great Dorset steam fair

Hello!
Yesterday we visited the Great Dorset steam fair. It's held every year in Blandford, right it the heart of the Dorset countryside.
It's so BIG! HUGE! ENORMOUS! There is no way you can see it all in one day. We were there from 11am till 8.30pm, and only saw about 1/3 of it.

Brightly coloured kites from the aptly named High as a kite!


Beautiful urdygurdys.
 I'm not sure if that's what they're really called, but it's what my nan called them.
 I think it's a great word!




Fantastically old fashioned trucks and caravans.

I would dearly love to own something like this.

Of course we must not forget the steam engines!



The sounds and smells were amazing.

P,J and I were even part of the action! The above beast is owned by a friend of ours.


Trundling around the main showman's arena.
Very bouncy and jiggly. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

But all good things must come to an end ::sniff::



Grubby and tried we finally call it a day.
Until next year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun day. Thanks for sharing such great pictures of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness i can't believe it i was there too!! Always too much to take in on one visit don't you think but worth it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading them!
Hugs to you all.
xxx